Friday, June 14, 2013

U.S. Beauty

From sea to shining sea and all 50 states, the United States has incredible scenery and unforgettable sights.Truly spectacular, not- to- be- missed, natural places of beauty in the U.S.which defy adequate expression: Grand Canyon, 17 mile drive from Pebble Beach,Niagara Falls,Glacier Bay,Wisconsin Dells, Isle Royale, Lake Michigan,Kaanapali coast, Mammoth Cave, sequoias,Rocky Mountains,Hawaii's volcanoes , the Keys' coral, an every major national park( I have seen most of them, fortunately, thanks to my parents.)Manmade wonders:monuments of Washington DC, the Smithsonian, Vegas strip hotels, Disney World, Mt.Rushmore , Mesa Verde,Mackinaw Bridge,Biltmore Estate, Hearst Castle, San Diego Zoo, Sea World, Hoover Dam,Memphis Botanical Gardens,Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture,Erie Canal, Soo Locks, Napa vineyards ,3D IMAX theaters.... These are all magnificent places I have visited,and I'm sure I've forgotten a few at this moment that I've seen, and I'm also certain that some people may have different ideas and/ or additions for their list of the US " wonders ". In any case, I would revisit any of the above mentioned in a heartbeat, especially the National Parks such as: Hawaiian Volcanoes,Grand Canyon(OMG),Redwoods, Yellowstone , Great Smoky Mountains, and Denali.Also, Niagara Falls is a state park not a national park, but it is a truly breathtaking wonder. So much beauty, so little time, lots of audible gasps to be had. Go see any one of these places, especially those of the great outdoors. I guarantee they are jaw dropping, and so impressive that they will make indelible, vivid memories. They are superlative experiences, and you do not need a passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment