Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pills

My son thinks that my pill holders are a sign of aging, and they are , I suppose. They're these little cases that have the days of the week on them, and I have two of them, so I only sort out my medicine every other week. I think it saves me time and annoyance, but I understand that it obviously means I have ongoing medicine to take. It's a blessing that my children and husband don't take medicine regularly; they are thankfully very healthy.Life has been kind to them so far. I know plenty of children and adults who take lots of medicine, and are very sick, and pill holders are not large enough to handle all their meds. So,I take the pills and am grateful that I don't take more and that they are all low dosages. I take Diovan for blood pressure,Vytorin for cholesterol, a multivitamin, CoQ10, Glucosomine Condrotin, calcium, and a baby aspirin.I really only need to take the first two medicines I mentioned; the rest of them I choose to use.I feel true sympathy for people with chronic illnesses like my young nephew who has severe arthritis, or my sister-in-law who has debilitating diabetes. I have a very dear friend who has Stage 3 bone cancer. Now that is true sickness, and her chemo is grueling. I certainly can't complain about my state of health,and I don't mind the pill holders. I do probably take too much Tylenol, because I get bad headaches, and I've worn eyeglasses with a strong prescription since I was seven.Nevertheless, I have great quality of Life. For that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment