Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Detente

I am, for the most part, socially moderate and fiscally conservative when it comes to Politics. I won't argue with friends and family if we have differing viewpoints, because they are entitled to have their opinions; I'm entitled to have mine.Our political parties are different sides of the same coin it seems,with both Democrats and Republicans disappointing me frequently. I'm cynical when it comes to government "scandals". So many career politicians, from whichever side of the aisle, are corrupt. The scandal du jour is always like a ping pong match. I have ennui when the talking heads come on the news - their heads should be spinning around like in the "exorcist".Honestly, I'm skeptical of so many politicians and the media as well. I loathe certain tv personalities who feel like they are political experts and they abhor anyone or anything from their opposite political viewpoint. Examples:Sean Hannity is so vocally anti-Obama, I can't listen to him. Chris Matthews is so blatantly anti- conservative that he is a joke.You may like these men, and that is your choice, but they appear very biased and entrenched in their viewpoints to me. Everybody seems to dig in heels and not much gets achieved, decades of abuse of power - no end in sight. I have always voted, but I am ambivalent about doing it anymore.I'm truly tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

No comments:

Post a Comment