Saturday, June 8, 2013

Irony

I seem to be full of contradictions.I prefer to sleep nude, but I don't have a very good body image. I enjoy a clean house, but I don't want to clean it.Gluten is anathema to my body, but I crave pasta and bread. I yearn for traveling; I hate to get in the car and drive to the store. Kids are great; I just don't have the patience to be around them very long.I love to hear music, but I rarely listen to any when I'm home. I really want and need to talk to my friends, but I loathe the phone. I am so happy at the beach, but I hate swimming in the ocean.I enjoy bright colored clothes; I usually wear black.I like variation, but I always sit at the same place at the dinner table, and the same place for TV. I don't want to be around real life drama queens, but I've watched a soap opera for over 30 years(Days of our Lives)- cheesy but true. I have a lot of jewelry; I rarely wear it.Politics enthrall me; I don't want to get into heated conversations about it.I love horses; I'm afraid to ride them. I appreciate getting "dressed up", but I can't wait to get undressed.I like to take photos; I don't like to have my picture taken. Freebies are great, but I can spend too much money on something I want to do - like dinner at a fine dining restaurant.I believe in the power of prayer; I 'm lax about it.I love my husband, but often disagree with him.It's wonderful to help people, but I don't like to ask for help. I sing in a choir; I have a sub par voice. I love books; I read my Kindle. I could go on ad nauseam. I like to believe I have it " all together," but I can be a mess. This is the irony that is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment