Saturday, June 29, 2013

Gina, part two

We are oil and water, frequently at odds. Parents will say that's a typical teenager, with the usual angst. Well, yes and no. Gina is seventeen; that's true, but she also is maddeningly oppositional. I refer you to my post of 3/26 about my daughter, which tells of her behavioral issues.Gina was at a church retreat this week called Snowbird Camp, and I'm certain that she had a blast, and I'm glad she did, because Al and I had a quiet respite for the past six days, without guilt. Gina Lynn Diann makes me laugh, and she makes me cry, but, currently, most of the time she just exasperates me. Her senior year approaches; I pray she does well, but it's a question mark based on her patterns ever since she was 10, almost half her life. My daughter's high school years have been challenging for all of us, and her graduation day really will be cause for celebration. A case of champagne will be in order ( and that's just for her parents).

No comments:

Post a Comment