Monday, June 24, 2013

Respite

I will be having two inexpensive destinations this summer. In a couple of weeks, I'll be at a private cabin for a couple nights in Georgia wine country in the Appalachian foothills - hot tub, spa, pool, wine, and excellent, dear company. I love forests for walking and serenity, and the cabin should be lovely and quiet. Then for Labor Day weekend, we'll be on Tybee Island at a large beach condo which sleeps eight, so Gina will have a friend with her; Adam can have a pal,and we've invited a couple, who are dear friends to join us.Low key and restful. The ocean has always had a reinvigorating allure to it. These short road trips are to two very different locales, and that is very appealing for me. For financial reasons, Al and I aren't able to go to Michigan this summer, and we cancelled our much anticipated cruise to Bermuda.I really have travel lust, so this will be just what the doctor ordered so to speak, to give me a "fix."

No comments:

Post a Comment