Friday, June 21, 2013

Shopping

I have to say that shopping online can be a very positive experience. I have mixed reviews about EBay and Craig's List, but other sites have been user friendly and have satisfying service, with free shipping, and large discounts.This morning I shopped at Macy's.com while sitting on the sofa, drinking coffee, in my pajamas. I purchased two blouses, and if I decide that I don't want the tops, I can return them. I used to be one of those "shop until you drop" people, who could while away a whole Saturday at a mall. Now, I can't be bothered with that, unless it's to socialize with a friend, and then the " shopping time" becomes more about chatting , not looking for my next purchase. In my younger days, I was more of an impulse shopper as well, not so much any more. I don't watch QVC or such, because I don't like the sales pitches. Being online, you don 't have to deal with sales associates who are over solicitous. I think Sound stage direct and Zazzle are great sites, btw , and I also recommend Proflowers. One exception I often make about shopping at an actual store is shopping at Good Will on Tuesdays. I can leave that store with two bags full of clothes for Al, Gina, Adam and me for $25.I pick Tuesdays, because people over 55 get an extra 10% off that day.The clothes I get at Good Will are often name brands with the store tags on them. I found Adam a brand new Armani jacket one time for $8. Hello! It pays not to be a snob.

No comments:

Post a Comment