Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Laughing

Brevity is the soul of wit.What's not to like about a well delivered joke or great comedic timing? It's uplifting to read humorously captioned photos and cartoons, and I love getting funny emails and cards.It's also great to see all the diverse humor posted on FB. I love to laugh, and it is great to do that at least once a day. Sometimes I like reverting to childishness, too, and just being silly. The world news gives us little to smile about, and so the diversion of laughter really is good medicine. That is what is so magical about babies and toddlers; they aren't aware of the craziness of macrocosmic problems.Really young children see wonder in a drop of water or the awe of a dandelion. They have spontaneous joy, and that is the best kind of levity.Joyful microcosmic moments are what we need, because much of the everyday " larger " world doesn't have all that much to laugh about. I guess I'm fantasizing - and romanticizing - about being a grandparent, because many of the most joyful, yet authentic, moments of my life were with Adam and Gina when they were youngsters. Both were precocious and both made me laugh out loud;I was deliriously happy, forgetting about my worries and stress when I was with them, because they both kept me "in the moment." I hope my son and daughter will feel that way about their own children( if they have children, that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment