Thursday, June 20, 2013

Chores

I am spending part of the morning cleaning - vacuuming,dusting, washing, straightening up, changing sheets;you know, the usual, necessary drudgery.Let me just say that I hate doing it, but it needs to be done, of course. Having a cleaning service is not a current option, but admittedly, I certainly don't deep clean as often as I should. I'm thankful that I have modern tools and conveniences, but that only makes the chores more bearable, not enjoyable. My husband cleans often and well. I do appreciate that about him. My daughter can't even seem to keep her bedroom and bathroom straightened , let alone " clean". Sometimes, I just have to close her doors. Homeowners know well that there is always something to do around the house,inside and out. For instance, I need to wash the windows, and I keep putting it off. Some things we can 't do ourselves, however. Al just told me that some wood around our big, bay window needs replacing. Our deck needs to be redone, and our driveway needs to be resealed. We've really maintained the house fairly well over the last 20 years, but as we get older, that continual maintenance has become burdensome. We are thinking of getting some kind of condo eventually, because Al is very tired of the yard work. We actually look forward to downsizing. Nevertheless, we still need to do the housekeeping, so I will eventually break down and get a cleaning service after we make our next move- which will hopefully be our last. Am I having first world problems? Uh, yea....

No comments:

Post a Comment