Wednesday, June 5, 2013

PreK

Vacation Bible School ( VBS) occurs every summer for a week at my church and hundreds of churches across the nation.This week, I am currently teaching the preK age kids, for a couple of hours each morning,who are so adorable, innocent and loving.These tiny youngsters have authentic smiles, giggles and joy, and they constantly want to hug me. How can I have a bad day when I'm around these happy kids? I guess these children see me as a grandma figure, and I have to say being a grandparent must be "grand" indeed, although I'll have a while to wait for that experience. I am having fun seeing the world through this young perspective. "Why would we need a wall around a city?" I ask. " So we can build tunnels," answered little Gavin. Another question: " Who would like to tell me why it's important to be kind?" Alexis says, " so my daddy's car will stay clean." Another question I asked was,"who would like to tell us about a pet you have?" Little Kate jumps up and yells, "I do! " That was it; she sat back down,and didn't say another word.I still don't know what kind of pet she has. However, my personal favorite answer so far this week was from Jon,a shy boy who surprised everyone, I think. When asked to point out something " red" in the room", Jon pulled down his shorts and showed us his red underwear. This is classic stuff....I have two days left to hear some more really good answers....

No comments:

Post a Comment