Thursday, October 3, 2013

So young to die.

Three weeks ago one of my former students died at age 18. This week another ex-student, age 22,died of a self-inflicted gun shot.Both, so young, with so much potential , gone.It is heart wrenching and devastating to the parents, of course, but the impact is wide. I am stunned and words are inadequate. I will be attending yet another memorial service this Sunday of Incredible sorrow. Too many young people who I have taught have passed on, including soldiers in the Line of Duty. I'm still here; they aren't. Sometimes I wonder why that is.

1 comment:

  1. You are still here because you are not done impacting people. My father died when I was little, and I have spent most of my life wondering why he was taken when he was so young, and it was during a discussion with a close friend at Berry that I realized that he had bestowed all he could give while still on this earth. He was the kind of guy that frequently brought customers (he was a mechanic) home for dinner, and he really did give the shirt off his back. So, you are still here because you have more to give, and we still need you here.

    ReplyDelete