Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ploughing needed

I would rather do nothing than do something that means nothing. Sometimes sitting, and not reading,nor watching tv, nor eating, etc.,affords me a prime opportunity to think,reflect, plan and/or pray. I find myself, at times, mindlessly watching, what can be the"boob tube", then later questioning,"What the hell was I thinking? " The answer is that I wasn't. Just being busy to be busy is not that productive.I am really ok being alone with my thoughts, and I have been doing that more and more lately, because I have been evaluating/ assessing what I will be doing going forward. When I am sad or sick , I often shut down and don't want to call friends or family( they know this by now, I'm sure),and currently I have a malaise, a mental uneasiness, about the immediate future. My misanthropic daughter is MIA ,so to speak,causing me and my husband duress.She sees her self-imposed absence as a bargaining chip to become our peer, which she isn't. Contemplating what my latest parental response will be to this untenable situation with Ms.Uncongeniality racks my weary brain - and my angst ridden soul along with it. More reflection needed, more plowing the fallow mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment