Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hand we are dealt

Living strong when you're at your wits' end is like holding on by your shaky fingertips when you're fearfully dangling from the 10th story ledge of an unsafe building -not many good options, and the sand is going too fast in the hourglass.So many of us are just doing the best we can with the luck- of -the -draw hand we're dealt,but sometimes I'd like to throw all my unplayable cards in and get some more from a fresh deck.I don't need a full house, but just something to make me feel more like staying in this crazy game and having a decent chance for a good outcome. But that's the irony. There are no assurances that the new cards will be any better than the old cards; they might be worse. Nevertheless,I feel, paradoxically, lucky compared to significant people in my life who are badly suffering with severe and/or terminal illnesses.I have good health,for which I'm grateful,and ultimately, that's a powerful card, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment