Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sundays

I'm having my second cup of coffee as I write this.Now that I am retired, Sunday has become my favorite day of the week.It is a slow motion day. I usually go to church and sing in the choir, except during the summer, and when I don't go, I watch the church of "the Jammie whammies" as Ms. Loretta calls Ministry shows on TV( I like watching Joyce Meyer especially). I read the once wonderful "Atlanta Journal Constitution"( newspapers, in general, are shadows of their former selves) and always read the now shrunken"Parade" which I've thoroughly enjoyed since I was a child. I slowly do a couple loads of laundry and pet our old cat CJ. Plants are watered and breakfast is made at a leisurely pace.I check email and Facebook and write a blog post, while listening to some Beethoven. I make a new recipe for dinner- today it's baked scallops au gratin- and Adam comes over and we have a family meal.We have " appointment" TV at 9pm, "Dexter" then my new favorite show "Ray Donovan".Usually I watch HBO as well, when"Boardwalk Empire"returns and "Game of Thrones", that is. Other chores and errands are done on other days, and Sunday is spent with the family.It is good; it feels restful and the day seems longer,and although not a lot of "stuff" is going on, the time is meaningful and luxurious. I relish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment