Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Animals

I have a healthy respect for animals( non- human). I like to go to zoos and aquariums and visit them at a "safe" distance. Rhinos, giraffes, tigers, apes, reptiles, etc ,are all fascinating to observe, but I could never see myself as a zoo keeper,or on safari, or even working as an animal shelter volunteer.Yes, I have a pet cat, but that is about the only animal I have ever owned. I've been bitten by dogs and other creatures, and I don't much care for petting farms, animal parks and "drive through ", up close zoos. I've been to butterfly houses and aviaries,ridden horses and milked cows, tended other livestock,but , in each case, some incident has occurred that has been unpleasant. As a parent, I have taken Adam and Gina to all the above mentioned places, especially Sea World and Animal Kingdom - more than once I might add- but now that that duty is finished, I will just visit the zoo once in a blue moon to remind myself of my mild fear of creatures outside my species, although to be quite honest, my species scares the heck out of me sometimes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment