Sunday, August 25, 2013

Just the way I am

I stopped being who I wasn't and starting being who I am. I don't need you to like me, but I'm glad if you do. I don't need you to pay me compliments, but I will trust you are being sincere,if you give me one. I can take constructive criticism( if that's what it is).I keep myself clean and groomed, but I don't dress to impress or wear makeup for effect. I can not abide ignorance, bigotry or condescension.I will tell you what I think, if solicited, and I will be honest. You may not like my lifestyle, and I may not like yours, but I will respect you and be tolerant.I expect that in return.I believe in second chances, but I will no longer be used, taken for granted, or lied to. I will say,"I'm sorry" when I'm wrong, but I,too, want an apology when warranted. I am not as flawed as some, but I am more flawed than some others. I live within my means, but I live well. I may not be a great mother and a great wife and a great friend, but I try hard to be the best mother, wife and friend I can be. I know myself a little better each day, and in the grand scheme of Humanity, I'm doing ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment