Friday, August 2, 2013

Past lapses of judgment

I've been absurd, ridiculous, irreverent ,careless and altogether flawed at times,and sometimes I had some technically illegal fun in my youth - nothing dramatically awful though.I sowed my wild oats before I had my children ; in fact, I'm rather staid now. Some past not- so- proud- of- myself- but- I enjoyed- them - at- the - moment transgressions of mine in no particular chronological sequence:serving Exlax laden birthday cake for a high school French teacher I despised,putting pungent cat poop( remember this, Jeannine?) in a misogynistic co- worker's desk drawer,frolicking way too much in Italy with Sue Ann, getting over- the- top drunk with Pat and driving a car( Was that wild teacher hangout called Mill Street Inn?), going to the movie theater and watching 2 , sometimes 3, movies in a row with only one paid ticket, carousing with Felicia, absconding with some native American trinkets at the Grand Canyon with Ruth,watching "Deep Throat" at a really seedy movie house south of 8 Mile Rd. with Alfredo ( I had to get out of there before the movie was over, because there were really perverted men in the audience),posing naked as a model for an art class,cramming more than two people into a pup tent in Europe with Janet, writing an anonymous, erotic love letter to one of my college professors at U of M, unknowingly eating a magic brownie and subsequently writing graffiti on a public bathroom wall,seeing how fast my camaro could go on I-94( over 118 mph btw), hitch hiking ( not recommended), and many other occurrences ( remember St. Martin, Jeannine?) which will go unmentioned for now - " pure as New York snow, she's got Betty Davis eyes." Youth is meant for shenanigans and escapades, n'est pas?

No comments:

Post a Comment