Saturday, August 10, 2013

Little luxuries

I am grateful for having more than just my basic needs met. I'm not rich, but I am,indeed, comfortable and can afford certain " luxuries " which are great to have. 1st and foremost is our king sized Sleep Number bed. We each can adjust how firm or soft we want the bed to be on our own "sides ". The head of the bed raises for reading or watching TV.We've had the bed for five or so years and it is truly awesome. Other wonderful little luxuries are down pillows and Egyptian cotton sheets. Therefore, I sleep well at home. Also,we have a 60 inch LCD smart tv with separate sound board and sub woofer, so watching movies in our family room is really a satisfying experience.I don't rush out and see a new release movie much any more. I love my IPad, Kindle ,smart phone and PC -again, comfort and ease. We have 2 refrigerators, and when we have company ,especially,it's great to have the extra space.Could I do without these items in my life? Sure, but we could afford to buy them, and they have proven to be very satisfying. Again, I know there are people with much less than we have and there are people with much more than we have.I feel blessed to have these creature comforts, and I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment