Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Spa visits

My beautiful - inside and out- niece Jaime, just offered me a free massage gift including gratuity.I love massages - all things spa, in fact- and one of the many benefits of retirement is that I can get a massage during the weekday and not on the crowded weekend. I never had a professional massage until I was 40, and my first facial was at 50. I always thought of these self- indulgent items as decadent and expensive; therefore I avoided them. I was wrong, because they are very therapeutic and literally rejuvenating. Now when I go on a vacation, especially a cruise, I get a massage and sometimes a facial and/ or other offerings like a deluxe pedicure and foot massage.After the treatment, I can get in a soothing hot tub or pool, too! They aren't necessarily costly ; I for one use discounts and specials,and the ubiquitous Groupon is great! For all my close friends and family: massages or facials or pedicures or spa visits are the perfect gift for me. So Jaime, thanks again for my delightful gift. Destressing massages can't be beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment