Monday, September 16, 2013

Educational touchdown

My son will be graduating from Kennesaw State University next summer, and my daughter graduates from Etowah High School at the same time.I feel like this has been a 40 year journey in the wilderness just to get them through their respective schools, because neither one has liked their school experience, and Al and I have had to plod, plea, provoke, persist and insist. Adam has honors status and has persevered despite despising college. Gina barely has a 2.0, and she will probably go to a community college next fall, if that. She lacks the motivation to study at all. Adam doesn't want to do graduate school at this time, and that's ok with me. I just can't relate too well to how they feel about education, because I always, absolutely loved being a student, and I excelled fortunately. Adam doesn't abide vainglorious profs or ones with heavy Russian accents,rather prevalent at KSU. Gina doesn't abide anyone in authority - a crucial issue, of course. Adam has hated his college years, and Gina has hated her high school years; both are not convinced that academia/ education is essential for their future endeavors.But we are all hanging in there , even if by a thread. Obviously, come June, this will be moot, since "Mission Impossible" will become mission accomplished.Then on to the next potential nightmare, in a string of nightmares,the ugly job searches. Can you just put a fork in me? I am so done with the educational madness of my offspring.Dragging them both to the educational goalpost is yet another thing I didn't think I would be doing. Parenthood is nothing if not arduous and lifelong. I need an extended warranty on my body and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment