Sunday, September 8, 2013

Death be not sad

This fall I am serving as a funeral assistant at my church.On Saturday ,a memorial service was held and I helped out. This got me thinking about what kind of " celebration of Life " I would like to have. Well, I want beautiful, classical music and a spray of white roses. I would like a cellist to play Bach concerto #1 , a harpist play Gliere concerto, and a pianist play Chopin and Beethoven while a PowerPoint shows pictures of me with family and friends throughout my life.I would hope someone would sing " Jesus,Joy of Man 's Desiring" and would love a man to sing the Lord's prayer, and lastly, have someone recite Psalm 23. I would rather have music instead of a lot of words.I don't really want any eulogies or sermons. Then I would like a wake where there is wine and cheese,and lots of jazz and blues playing. A Mic could be passed around,and people would be able to tell an amusing anecdote they knew about me. I've had lots of embarrassing and silly moments in my life to which people have been witnesses. I want my friends and family to smile about me not cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment