Monday, September 9, 2013

Neanderthal close encounter

I swerved my car today to avoid hitting a slow reacting dog, smacked the curb and subsequently got a flat tire, bent rim and hubcap.I was fine.However, the tow truck guy told me that I should have hit the " damn mutt" to avoid the inconvenience and expense.Really? His comment to me was,"Women!" and he shook his head; he really seemed miffed. There are still archaic brutes it seems, but I have not encountered one, personally, in a long time.This crude man's lack of sensitivity concerning the " inconvenient" animal was astounding, and Michael Vick and that ilk came to mind, but also his derogatory tone broached misogyny.He seemed like a cretan throwback to the 1950's. His burly demeanor and offensive words screamed the classic stereotype of a backwards oaf. I was more bummed by that lout's attitude than my damaged car. Thank God my husband isn't like that in the least, but then if Al were, I wouldn't have been with him this long.

No comments:

Post a Comment