Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Physical

I will be 61 in September; I am fine with that, but when I look in my bathroom mirror each morning while I'm brushing my teeth and combing my hair, I recognize that I sure don't have that face I had when I was 30. Many physical flaws, based on the current standards of physical beauty, are evident. I have very thin hair( well, this has been the case pretty much since I was a youngster),overweight, a double chin, crow's feet,jowls, saggy eyelids, very dry skin( with acne! on my chin). I am just stating facts, not whining or obsessing. I probably will never get a face lift- although I have researched it- and I rarely wear make up, so, of course, there are "things" I could do for immediate cosmetic improvement. I do dye my otherwise very gray hair, and I like manicures, but, honestly, I wish there wasn't such a double standard for men and women. That sure won't be changing any time soon. Anyway,I am comfortable in my own skin,but I realistically know how I look. No, I don't dwell on this subject, and I don't consider myself vain.I just recognize my appearance, at this point in my life, and I move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment