Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Graduating - again

Getting Gina through high school and Adam through college has been worse than having my teeth pulled without anesthesia. Neither of them likes school, and honestly, if Al and I hadn't persisted and insisted, the kids would have " dropped out". Thank God their respective graduations are in sight. I feel like I'm graduating, too! Gina just had her senior pictures taken. She looks beautiful, but she acts blasé. She has struggled just to get Cs and Ds.Adam who is on the Dean's list just doesn't think that college will "pay off" for him . His degree is in Marketing with an additional certificate in music entertainment as business. This seems " marketable" to us, but Adam is not convinced. He's finishing college for " his dad and me ", he says. I don't care why in his mind that he's completing this rung of the ladder. Hopefully, he will see later, that in the scheme of Life, it was worth his efforts. He will be 23 by the time he finishes his BBA ( Bachelor of Business Administration), because he has only been going part time while he works and does his music production.I'm thankful he has persevered , albeit reluctantly. Gina will probably go to a community college, because her grades are so mediocre.Her post high school situation is still a question mark. Their graduation celebrations will be as much for their dad and me as they are for them. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment