Thursday, July 18, 2013

Old photographs

Who doesn't love the nostalgia and memories which old photographs elicit? I love seeing my mom at 22, my dad in an army uniform, my brother Jim and I wearing coon skin hats and carrying toy rifles. I love the photos with my sister Debra and I wearing the same dresses that my mom sewed for Easter( I hated that at the time). I love the photos of high school prom and graduation, my first wedding, and my wedding with Alfredo. I especially love the pics of Adam and Gina as babies and toddlers. Thank goodness that those moments could be Kodak frozen.They become such a wonderful and necessary chronicle of what might otherwise be forgotten. I have precious photos of my great grandma who died when I was 12 and wonderful photos of my grandma who died when I was 23. I like all the pictures of my parents' home on Tennyson where I lived a joyous childhood.I love the photos of me in a hot air balloon, on a motor cycle, on a sailboat, in a helicopter, in a submarine,in a Rolls Royce - all types of transportation, including our old riding lawn mower, golf carts, tricycles and bicycles. The years pass and I see how styles have changed and my style in particular. You can see the march of years just by the eyeglasses I've worn over the years. Geesh....

No comments:

Post a Comment