Sunday, July 14, 2013

Juries

I 'm glad that I have not been a juror for a murder trial, let alone a celebrity trial. Zimmerman, Anthony, and Simpson have all been found not guilty, so if you wanted a conviction you will cry,"foul". The jury is selected by both the prosecution and the defense; they are in agreement about the choices. Now the jury's job is done in these cases, and if people don't like the outcome, the juror's life is at risk, or minimum ,her well-being. Everyone has biases looking from the outside in, but I choose to believe the jury looked at the evidence carefully and acted accordingly. Whether it's the prosecution or the the defense, if that side " loses ", people say," justice hasn't been served." A trial based on public opinion is not a trial. Outcomes do not always match are desires, but I'm satisfied with the justice system we have, despite how infuriating it can be at times. If the defense doesn't win, they didn't do their job; if the prosecution doesn't win, they didn't do their job. A young man,Trayvon Martin, is dead. That is sad, and his parents are devastated., no doubt. To call him a " kid", however, is not accurate. That's about all I know for sure. The jury's job was difficult. They found him not guilty which is not the same thing as innocent.The jury believed that Reasonable doubt was raised. I wasn't at the crime scene; were you?I, too, may have been afraid. If a human decision is wrong in your opinion, you have to believe that God will make a final determination eventually, and I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment