Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sight

I've worn glasses since the age of seven, so that's well over 50 years ago. It was hard for me initially to get over being called names because I wore them, but eventually I adapted both to wearing them and to the hurtful nature of insensitive kids. That said, I've tried contact lenses and researched LASIK surgery, but my eyes aren't good candidates for either. So I must admit that I spend a lot of money on frames and lenses , because glasses are my constant companion.I also get prescription sunglasses. Consequently going to the opthamologist is a pricey endeavor.I need to go again but I keep putting I off. Right now I see better(and my vision is poor) without my glasses than I do with them. Which brings me to my general sight. I think many people take their 5 senses for granted until something occurs and one of the senses is diminished or lost.I 'm not talking about the countless people who have had an impairment or handicap since birth or a young age.I now have poor eyesight, and it gets a little worse each year. I wear trifocals and my night vision is not as good as it once was either.It's really a pain in the derriere.I miss how well I used to see, so one of my favorite things to do , which is reading, has lost some of its enjoyment. I even get a headache after I read for more than an hour or so now.If you have great eyesight; be grateful.I feel blessed that I still have adequate vision with glasses, but everything is blurry without them. It's a good thing I don't have essays and other papers to grade anymore. I just hope that in another ten years I will still be able to enjoy the beauty of a sunset or the constellations, but most assuredly my grandchildren( if I have any).

No comments:

Post a Comment