Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hearing

I have excellent hearing.Maybe because I haven't had good eyesight most of my life( see yesterday's post ), my other senses have compensated.When I say good hearing, ask my closest friends or family.I can hear other people's conversations while in restaurants very clearly.That can be awkward at times. I'm not eavesdropping; I have sensitive hearing ; my "earshot" is farther than many I know. My ex-students can attest to this.I can put the TV on low volume, 6 or 7, and hear perfectly fine, while others tell me that the sound is way too low.I'm surprised that my hearing is so good because, I used to crank the volume up on the car radio( long before iPods and sirius/ xm radio) and play loud music at home - not to mention eardrum busting concerts,where often I would resort to putting some cotton in my ears. If you ever went to a Led Zeppelin or Who concert you know what loud is,too.Anyway,I guess because I can hear so well, I can't sleep with music playing or the TV on, or people talking in another room, etc. I like quiet. "On ne s'entend plus penser." Oh by the way,I have been told that I'm a good listener. That's a good thing since just because a person can hear someone doesn't mean she's listening. Also I like to hear what someone isn't saying when she is talking to me, if you know what I mean. But I digress.... As Shakespeare said, "Make passionate my sense of hearing."

No comments:

Post a Comment