Thursday, December 5, 2013

One man shows

I seem to be drawn to dark characters; of course, great acting is needed for believable ,immoral but intriguing men.I am fond of the the shows "Hannibal", "Blacklist" and "Dracula". They are anchored by awesome leading actors.In fact, I wouldn't watch the shows otherwise, because the rest of the casts do not appeal to me, and these men are a real coup for otherwise banal Network TV.For instance, when James Spader is not on screen, I find myself fast forwarding.The same goes for scenes without Mikkelson or Rhys-Meyers.But when these men are on screen, I'm riveted. Oh how I love the ensemble acting on HBO and Showtime. ( I would like to see a program with a very dark female character, too, perhaps starring Jodie Foster( if she'd do small screen or Queen Meryl.) Honestly, one guy can't carry a program for long, no matter how wonderful his ability, so we will see about the second seasons. Honestly, I don't hold out a lot of hope.I 'll enjoy the " one man" shows while they last. An aside: "The CrazyOnes" starring Robin Williams can't be saved despite his impeccable timing and improvisation.He is teamed, unfortunately , with an insipid, tiresome cast.When he's allowed to do his thing, he's brilliant, but that might be about 5 out of the 25 minutes. In general, sitcoms aren't for me.I tried Robin, I really did...

No comments:

Post a Comment