Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Advent

I've been Christmas decorating for the past two days.I enjoy the effort, because so many of the items I put out or hang on the tree have been gifts, so I'm reminded of dear individuals and happy memories. I guess my favorite holiday is Christmas because get togethers to celebrate Jesus happen all of December.Someone will say,you want to have dinner on December 11 for a Christmas meal? Sure! It happens all month. Night lights are everywhere, and people are a tad bit more thoughtful. Christmas music, holiday jokes, seasonal goodies-I love a good fruitcake ,and Christmas eve worship are all special. The nativity scene is displayed everywhere and advent is so joyful. I recognize that for some people this season is lonely or depressing, but for me, Christmas is a happy, welcome antidote for so many sad and uncontrollable events, and a month long birthday celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment