Sunday, May 26, 2013

1 year anniversary

I have now been officially retired one year. It has gone by fast for the most part, and I have not missed the 38 minute one way drive to work ,nor getting up at 6 am. I do miss my colleagues and students, but FB has kept me abreast. People say, "Aren't you bored?" The short answer is " no". I have retired from a long routine, many years of teaching the same subject, reconciling myself to the bad as well as the good aspects of my career. Have I been fulfilled? Yes. Was it time to let go? Yes. Do I miss grading essays? No. Do I want to substitute teach? Are you kidding? Our lives are filled with passages and turning points. This month, students graduated from high school and college, more veteran teachers retired, and now new phases will begin for all of them.I've been there, and I like my new phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment