Monday, March 25, 2013

Peeves part 1

I'm 60 so I've had a myriad of years to accumulate pet peeves.Here are some in no particular order:men wearing hats inside a building - especially a church, and especially a ball cap, people talking during a movie that I am trying to watch, cell phones ringing during worship,turn signals not being used, being interrupted by kids, being interrupted by anyone, chewing tobacco- just nasty,customer non-service,being put on hold on a phone for more than two minutes, trying to discuss a business issue and the person taking my call is not fluent in English,air conditioning that is too cold, heating that is too warm, parents not monitoring their kids in public places, crying babies in restaurants- take them outside,please,the word like instead of pauses- like you know like what I mean, the word "Whatever..." ,Dennis Rodman- a travesty,people not cleaning up after themselves,auto correct, people talking about me in 3rd person when I'm in the room, having to spell my last name more than once when I'm making a reservation, not giving me eye contact when I'm talking to someone, someone asking me how much something costs that I own, having to request something from a waiter more than once, an arse finishing my sentences,people running on the road when there are sidewalks, children riding bikes without helmets, reality shows about boorish people, singers who can't sing, actors who can't act, being labeled this or that, lack of manners,people who do not even try to dress a little better than T shirts and jeans for the symphony or opera or ballet or a fancy place. when the following words are not used when they need to be: please, thank you, I'm sorry, It's my fault, I love you, forgive me, you were right. People who are more than 15 minutes late without any particular reason and then don't even say sorry, sending a gift in the mail and then having to call two or three weeks later to see if that person got it, because they didn't call or email to use the words thank you, I got it. Many of these peeves come from people's thoughtlessness or self-centeredness or disrespect or lack of civility and manners, or lack of home training, or an anarchist mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment