Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chuffed

I'm the opposite of bored. I have had numerous people ask me since I retired this past June, "Are you bored yet?" No, I'm not at all. Do they ask me because, unlike them, my time is not as regulated as it was before? I'm asked, "What do you do all day now?" Really? I didn't stop thinking or reflecting or reading or traveling or watching the news or chatting or cooking or dealing with relationships or countless other things I've always done, but the pace is more sane M-F.If I want to see a movie in the middle of the day, I can. If I want to go to a museum in the middle of the day, I can. Civilized, not hurried, not frenetic, not frazzled. I also have a husband, son and daughter.Hello! Right now, it still feels like I'm on an extended school break. If I "eventually" get bored, I'll do more volunteer work or more church related service or even get a part time job, maybe working in a combination coffee/ tea/ book/ music/ art store (ideal). Maybe start a business. Maybe not; I have lots of time to decide....Meanwhile, I am what the British called "chuffed."

No comments:

Post a Comment