Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Collecting

I'm going to stop collecting stuff. I truly want to pare down. Many items have been gifts, but I really don't need more things. I have a large collection of snow babies. I really enjoy them but I need half a room to display them all. I also have numerous angels, masks, dolls and SHOES. I tell myself, "enough now". Perhaps, the largest collection is on my walls. I love the work of Zamy Steynovitz, and I have a few pieces. I don't "need" any more. I say this, because this collecting idea which used to be so compelling for me now seems trivial and selfish. I realize that I should be using the money I spend on these things for something more important- like donating to a soup kitchen or homeless shelter. So I think I will - donate that is. And my "collections" I will eventually give to my children or grandchildren, if they want the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment