Friday, October 17, 2014

Missing Michigan folk already.

I'm feeling a little weepy today. Having spent time in Michigan with family and friends recently, I always get sad when I realize I won't see them again until I get back up there.The whirlwind pace exhausted me this time, but if I don't go to MI, I won't see some significant people in my life. Most of them won't make the trip to Georgia, which can be rather one sided for me, but my friends and family always treat me exceedingly well and are tremendous hosts. I just wish the distance wasn't such a large factor. I do not want to move back to MI because of the winters,but I sure wish I could get up there more often. I would have stayed longer, but I went by myself, and I have too many pulls here- namely my husband and children. They never seem to be able to go with me. I'm retired; they aren't. Hopefully, Al will retire in four years( at 66), and then there will be fewer time constraints. I will hold on to that thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment