Sunday, October 19, 2014

Daydreaming

Sometimes I imagine that Al and I have all the money we will ever possibly need, so that we can travel when and where we want, as often as we want. This, of course, is not the case, and I have fantasized that, yes, it would be great to get a windfall or win the lottery or hit it big at blackjack. Although, if this were the case this is what I (and Al , too,I think) would do , and honestly, who in the working or middle classes hasn't daydreamed just a little about a life without financial concerns?First,Al could retire! We would pay off all our debts- mortgages, student loans, etc. in one fell swoop,, and set up trust funds for the children and pad all our savings vehicles.Naturally, I would tithe to our church. Next we would fix up everything in the house and sell it. We would like to move in a few years into a condo, with no outside maintenance. We would pay cash for it! Al could get the car of his dreams, and I and the kids could have new cars too. Then I would invite everybody we love - wherever they live- to take a two week cruise with us, all expenses paid,all inclusive. I would donate thousands of dollars to "wounded warriors" and " make a wish " foundation.Alfredo could go to Colombia twice a year, and we could go to MI twice a year as well. We could set up a state-of-the -art music studio for Adam and a house for Gina. Distance and money would no longer be factors in decisions to see my sister, family, and closest friends! Of course, health is always the big question mark, but it's my fantasy, and so we will all be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment