Friday, October 24, 2014

Emmaus and Chrysalis

Back in 1998, I experienced the "Emmaus" walk as a pilgrim, and Kate Morris sponsored me. I then sponsored my dear friend,Loretta Yike. Subsequently, I have served on only one walk, but Loretta has worked many, many walks, and will probably be a lay director some day. She has also been very active with Chrysalis (for teenagers), so I have decided to serve on the Chrysalis walk with her Jan 1 -4.What a great way to start the new year! I will be the cook, so that is both exciting and challenging, because I will be preparing food for over 100 people. For those of you who don't know what Emmaus or Chrysalis walks are, they are spiritual retreats. I know that I will be blessed and meet many wonderful women. I don't know how many weekends I 'll do like this in the future, but I love working with Ms.Loretta, and if she ever is called to be a lay director, I will serve with her in a microsecond. I admire her servant's heart, and we are kindred spirits. I am blessed that she is my sista.

No comments:

Post a Comment