Monday, August 11, 2014

Scars are visible memories

I have a few scars on my aging body , and I don 't mind them really. Some scars represent weak points physically speaking, but every one reminds me vividly of a particular event. I have a small mark on my cheek from when I fell off my bike, around age seven and unfortunately punctured my skin.I have a rather nasty scar on the bottom of my right foot where I stepped on a large rusty nail, while I was running around a construction site.Not only did it hurt like Hell, I had to have a painful tetanus shot. I have scars on my wrists from carpel tunnel surgery when I was 39, which I regret, because I no longer have very much strength in either wrist, which affects my playing the piano or cello for any length of time. I have bite marks that I got from my sister, but now they make me smile as I remember sharing a bed and bedroom with her while we were growing up.The most recent scar is on my throat from parathyroid surgery( which needlessly scared me).However, my favorite scar is from my Caesarian section in 1991.It is a mark of victory, for a long fought battle that I won. I am thankful, in comparison with so many other people, that my scars are fairly minor, because in general, I have been mostly healthy and unharmed, and for that I have been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment