Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Do I seek drama ?

I know a couple of women who have not ever had real drama in their lives. It doesn 't seem possible , but it 's true. I envy that. How do I draw so much BS to me? I don't seek it, but it sure finds me. My daughter is a drama queen, and I have friends and family who have horror stories of their own. Some people are lucky to have "functional" lives; I'm not one of them. Yes, I'm healthy and all that, but I would like to have a peaceful coexistence with certain significant people in my life, and that isn't happening. I get perturbed when I hear, "change your attitude and your reaction, and all will be better." Well, no, not if the people you are trying to get out of your life, keep sticking knives in your back or minefields in your path. I have a few authentic, intimate friends.That truly is enough for me, but even some of them have truly disappointed me or stretched our friendship ties. Of course, maintaining close relationships is work, but I try to forgive and make the genuine effort to sustain a substantive , meaningful tie with those individuals.I consider myself a pretty active, concerned listener with real empathy.Some women I know talk a lot more than they listen.I recently recognize that I too have been talking more than listening.I am truly sorry about that, because some of them must be tired by now of my litany of concerns about my daughter. Yea, it had pretty much consumed me during 2013. I will do better about this in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment