Friday, January 24, 2014

DC monuments

I was recently in Baltimore to see a very dear friend who is critically ill. While there, I did spend a day visiting DC,and I took a night tour of the city's monuments and memorials.It was fantastic, yet sobering, and I felt a reverence for all the honored and remembered vets. I had never been to the WW2 memorial, nor the Korean memorial nor the Vietnam memorial. They were beautiful and thought provoking. I hadn't seen the MLK monument before, and it was truly majestic.Of course, the Jefferson and Lincoln memorials took my( very cold)breath away.DC is a tremendous gem, and I still haven't seen half of the Smithsonian museums either. If I lived closer, I would have exciting and free mind candy to take in for months.The people who live there are tremendously fortunate to have so much history, beauty, and free admissions at their fingertips. I wonder if they take advantage of this incredible gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment