Saturday, November 30, 2013

Random facts, part 2 ( 61 - which is my age)

1. I was a sleepwalker when I was 11-13. 2. I have only broken one bone, my big toe. 3. I have had extremely thin hair since I was 17. 4. I can not roll my tongue. 5. I used to skinny dip. 6. My favorite car I 've owned was a 1969 yellow mustang. 7. I had a penchant for musicians and personally knew some ( like Robert Palmer).8. I have been, easily, to over a hundred concerts( rock, classical, jazz).9. I have known Alfredo since 1974. 10. I like Worcestershire sauce on cottage cheese. 11. I adored, admired and miss my mother and father greatly.12. I never get tired of Beethoven, Shakespeare or Rembrandt.13. I would like to live on Maui, about half way up Haleakala. 14.My middle name is spelled Diann. 15. I used to own over 300 pairs of shoes; it was an obsession. I now have about 30 pairs. 16. I once had 15 points on my license for speeding. 17. I love riding in hot air balloons. 18. The hardest lit I 've read is Eliot's "The Wasteland and Eco's "Foucault Pendulum". 19. My favorite games are chess, bridge, backgammon, pool, bowling and scrabble, although I struggle with all of them.20. I am very competitive. 21. My favorite exercise is dancing. A close second is walking ( in the woods) or yoga. 22. I can knit pretty well, but I no longer like to do it.23. My sleep number is 40. 24. I play the piano and cello ,albeit not very well. 25. Most of my dear friends and family live outside Georgia. 26. I have been told that I have an eclectic set of friends and tastes. 27. I am very loyal and dependable. 28. 28 is my favorite number ( 9/28 is my b'day). 29.I like very hot soup and very cold milk. 30. I collect dolls, masks, angels, snow babies ,and artwork. 31. I really enjoy watching Men's tennis and all Olympic events. 32. If money and obligations were no object, I would travel frequently. 33. I used to like to camp; now I truly dislike it. 34. I studied Japanese culture in college and would like to go to Kyoto and see a tea ceremony,kabuki, sumo wrestling, geishas and eat sushi, sushi and more sushi. It would be a very expensive trip. 35. Another place I want to go is the Galapagos. 36. I love astronomy and star gazing.37. I hate unpacking from a trip. 38. I love candlelight and fireplaces. 39. When I was a kid I wanted a train set for Christmas, but never got one. I obviously survived. 40. I almost drowned when I was 12, and had to be resuscitated. 41. I like extremely strong coffee, vodka, and wine, but my favorite beverage is milk. 42. I am accident prone and clumsy. 43. I love spas! 44. To this day, I miss my mom's cooking. 45. It appears that I have an addiction to certain HBO and Showtime programs. 46. I love the movies and the clothes of the 1940's. 47. I will see any movie with Brad Pitt in it. 48. I like swinging on a swing and riding a bike- for short periods of time. 49.I cheated on a test once and felt so bad that I told the teacher, and he let me redo it.50. I have had glorious passion in my life; I have laughed loudly; I have cried hard. 51. I have secrets I have never revealed to anybody. 52. I like the smell of gasoline. 53.I admire combat veterans immensely. 53. I have a crush on Peter Dinklage, Charles Krauthammer, Netanyahu, and Nadal. 54.I love white flowers such as gardenias and roses. 55. I hate wearing bras, which, of course, is a necessity in public.56.Two of my most treasured possessions are my dad's beanie hat and my mom's hand written recipes.57. I believe in the Holy Trinity.58. I have broken every commandment. 59. I love a joke that makes me laugh out loud. 60. I have had my share of both bad times and good times. 61. I would like to live long enough to see my grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment