Friday, November 29, 2013

Random facts, part 1

Sometimes the littlest mistakes prove uncomfortable and painful, such as a paper cut, which hurts like heck when first it happens, then subsides, because you burn yourself taking the Thanksgiving turkey out of the oven, which also takes the back burner with the onset of an inconveniently timed migraine.Our minds dwell on the greatest spot of pain instead of other , smaller ailments in comparison, although they are all going on simultaneously. Life is like that. Momentary, inconsequential hurts seem minor compared to bigger " headaches ". I have not been blogging for the last two weeks, because I just needed a break from being repetitive about the current paper cuts and burn spots in my life.Actually, I want to take a long break from dwelling on my current figurative migraines, too. I will try to focus more on the sunshine than the rain. For example, recently on FB, different friends have been giving me assorted numbers for which I then am supposed to list that many random facts about myself.If given the number 9, I list nine random facts about myself. I got overwhelmed with trying to keep up with the requests, so that took time. Here is a sampling: 1. I used to suck my thumb until I was four. 2. I had a speech impediment in elementary school and had therapy for two years to correct it.3.I learned to drive a stick shift in France with a Porsche which I crashed. 4. My favorite color to wear is black. 5. I used to own a motorcycle. 6. The only class I withdrew from in college was Russian. I took it for three weeks and I couldn't even learn the alphabet. 7. I took a civil service exam to be an ambassador and didn't pass. 8. A black panther is a frequent companion in my dreams. 9. If I could choose my last supper, I would have lobster and filet mignon. More random facts to follow in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment