Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"In defense of the dark arts" ( nod to Rowling)

I write, as I've stated before, to vent and for catharsis.Recently, I have been sharing my general ideas for a dark story I may possibly continue about an ensemble of women who are both misandrists( man haters) and killers.Anything related to this story will be with the working title "River of Blood" ( R of B); other entries will be different titles and different subjects. I make no pretense that it will be a great American novel; nevertheless, I am finding it fun and fulfilling. I asked people for comments, suggestions, etc.,and I thank those who have done so.What I don't understand is the anonymous vitriol and some scathing criticism.I can take criticism, and I'm not upset per se, but how do I respond to anonymous comments? Here are some answers: Yes, I plan to write dialogue(really?). Yes, I can write a story like this and still be a Christian. No, I'm not writing the whole book on my blog. If you don't want to read about the story elements( plot, character, setting,theme, etc.), don't read the blog entries with the aforementioned title. Yes, writing takes up a lot of time for me- thinking, brainstorming, etc. Yes, I have a life- a very good life, thank you, but writing is laborious.Yes, my husband thinks the story is "dark" , but we love each other, and he supports me.No, I am not a man hater, but I like different aspects of each of my characters. No, I am not a lesbian or bisexual( but really, so what if I were?) . Well,I may or may not write detailed graphic scenes; I haven't decided.No, this is not semi- autobiographical ( uh, hello!) These are truthful responses, but then if you feel you must be anonymous, you may not accept them as so. I am not naive enough to think everyone will find this story to be her cup of tea, and that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment