Thursday, February 20, 2014

Friends from afar

I have some dear friends and family at this juncture who I haven't seen for two or more years. This saddens me because I think about the fact that if I don't make a long, out of state trip, I won't get to be with them.One dear friend has never come to Georgia to see me,and I have lived here 20 years.Yes, social media, phones, etc.are substitutes, but anyone who knows me well, knows I don't much care for phone conversations.I like a face to face( not skype) connection. I get weary sometimes trying to nurture and keep up friendships; sometimes the effort feels lopsided. Also, I sent some Christmas gifts to a couple of people, who I never even got a direct "thank you" from ( family). Uh, it is almost two months after the fact ( yes, I know for sure that they received the gifts).I may be oversensitive and over thinking this whole topic, but it is how I am feeling. Of course, I am not talking about all my friends. I guess I'm sounding a tad needy...

No comments:

Post a Comment