Tuesday, December 30, 2014

End of year

2014-blink of an eye. After all is said and done, I laughed; I cried; I mourned; I rejoiced; I struggled; I learned. My son graduated from college in May. My daughter passed her GED in June. My husband continues to be my best friend and my roughest critic. I turned 62, so I get Social Security and take advantage of all the " senior" discounts that are available. I spent quality time with dear friends and family when I visited San Francisco, Michigan, Dahlonega, Bermuda. I hugged my sister. I kissed my nieces and nephews. I sang loudly and danced like a dervish. I tried to be kind, thoughtful, reflective and thankful. My conversations and prayers with God were at varying times marked by my confusion,anger, wonder and gratitude. I know that "my Redeemer liveth",and I've been singed by His refining fire. There are some health issues and some regrets; I will work on all of that. I feel the empowering Love of God, my family and my dear friends. Life can be challenging, yet it is sweet and to be savored.

No comments:

Post a Comment