Sunday, March 16, 2014

3/17-3/18 "Graim thu"

I love St. Paddy's Day.Yes, I like Reubens and Guinness, but it was the day Alfredo and I met 40 years ago exactly, and we often go out for lunch instead of the craziness in the evening. This year we won't be together because Al is in St.Louis for a sales meeting. He started a new job 3 weeks ago, so he has quite the learning curve right now. The 18th would have been my parents' 65 anniversary - Al and I met the day before my parents' 25th anniversary and party. So these two particular dates are especially meaningful.Not a day goes by that I don't think about my mom and dad; I was lucky to be their daughter, and I'm lucky to be Alfredo's wife.I always wanted to be at least half the wonderful woman and mother my mom was. Sometimes I feel like I've achieved that, and other times I feel like I 've failed miserably. One certainty remains.I have been blessed with unconditional love most of my life - because of my parents and husband- and many people cannot say that. "Slainte!Graim thu!"( Irish for cheers! I love you!) Btw, I started writing my blog on 3/17 last year, and I've stuck with it pretty well. The four leaf clover....

No comments:

Post a Comment